TEDxPeckham

A little while ago I did something that I have wanted to do for the longest time. I did a TEDx talk, more importantly it was a TEDxPeckham.

To say I was gassed is a ridiculous understatement (I actually said it during my talk and I regret this lol).
I decided recently to start speaking about my personal experiences & views publicly and this is simply because I didn’t think anyone would be interested in my life. Not in a ‘woe is me’ kinda way but see it like this: I talk to people for a living, I get stories from these people so why would mine be interesting to anyone?

Well I don’t know the answer to that question but I do know that TEDxPeckham asked me to speak aaaaaaand a lot of people seem to like it.

The subject of my talk was The Myth Of Escaping The Ghetto
Which sounds like a weird topic but once you see it, it’ll make sense (hopefully)
So I have popped some pics of the day below and the link to my talk (:

I am quite a confident public speaker, I kinda need to be with what I do for a living but there is just something about talking about my actual personal journey that can fill a person with a little apprehension. My aim with my talk was to explain that an overnight success doesn’t really exist (at least not in my story) and also to inspire people who come from the same walk of life as me, and there are loads of us, to not allow our beginning to dictate our destination.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below and let me know what you think x

Here is to talking more about the journey! Yay x

8 Comments Add yours

1. Kelsy says:

Reeeeeeally wanna comment ‘YOU GO GLENN COCO’ becasue this is all kinds of inspiring.
    You are ridiculously humble and youre gonna go so far Yinka
    Thank you for sharing even a tiny bit of your journey

2. Tomi Modu says:

I was in the audience and I wanted to meet you after to say how great you did but they said you had to run off! I didnt know you had to work so hard to get to where you got I dont think I appreciated how hard a job that looks so glamourus could be
    insipration

3. Adam K says:

Even left my jordans! 🙈 Nice work Yinks

4. Justine says:

You’re actually funny! Like genuinely funny. This talk seemed so natural and you were truly talking from you experiences
    Big up

5. Patt says:

ive said it once and ill say it again: you need to get yourself a tv show because you are stunning

6. Mike says: